Donate to i-SAFE on eBay
Through a unique arrangement, when you buy and sell items on eBay you support the i-SAFE mission to educate and empower students, parents, seniors, law enforcement, and community members to safely and responsibly take control of their Internet experiences.
Designate from 10% to 100% of your proceeds to i-SAFE.
Look for the Giving Works icon which designates items that benefit nonprofits, and then look for i-SAFE.
The Benefits of Listing Your Item
MissionFish, a nonprofit organization specializing in online charitable auctions, developed Giving Works for eBay. Although items are posted through MissionFish, they appear with all other listings on eBay. Giving Works items are marked with a charity ribbon icon so buyers know they are supporting a good cause. Buyers tend to trust charity sellers more and these items often sell for more than non-charity listings. Plus, Giving Works items appear in three locations instead of just one: the eBay category you choose when listing your item, the eBay Giving Works category and the MissionFish nonprofit homepage.
The Process is Simple
- While listing an item on eBay, select the option to donate a percentage of the sale.
- Select i-SAFE as the benefiting nonprofit organization from the database, using the MissionFish pop-up window.
- Choose a percentage of the final value of the item to donate to i-SAFE e-Safety education and outreach programs.
- Complete the item listing on eBay.
- The item is listed with eBay Giving Works charity ribbon icon, along with i-SAFE's name as the nonprofit organization that benefits from your sale.
- i-SAFE is notified of the listing.
- When the listing ends, the buyer pays the seller, and the seller ships the item to the buyer.
- The seller pays the donation amount to MissionFish.
- MissionFish holds the donation in escrow until the refund period expires, then distributes the funds to i-SAFE and provides a receipt for tax deduction purposes to the seller for the gift.
- To browse items for which a percentage of the sale proceeds will benefit i-SAFE programs, click on the eBay Giving Works icon or go to the eBay Giving Works Web site at http://www.ebaygivingworks.com/.
- To list an item for sale, click on the MissionFish icon or go to the MissionFish Web site at http://www.missionfish.org.
- Click on the 'For Sellers' tab at the top of the page. All of the information you need about the program is right there.
- When you're ready to begin, click on the 'Getting Started' tab on the 'For Sellers' page for detailed instructions.