|About The National Assessment Center (NAC)
The National Assessment Center (NAC) collects and maintains a national database. NAC demographic data is obtained anonymously and includes age, gender, race, grade, school, zip code, state, and more. Survey data/reports ' both historical and real-time ' are reliable measurements of the online attitudes and behaviors of students ages 5 to 17 (grades K-12). NAC data can be used by schools, districts, researchers, educators, law enforcement professionals, government agencies, corporate stakeholders, parents, and others as dependable research for online risk appraisal. NAC data collection is based on a model using the following components:
The assessment model is designed to generate data that answers the following three assessment questions:
- Pre-assessment baseline: Internet behavior and disposition assessments for the core curriculum lessons
- Post-assessments: taken at the conclusion of the lessons and cover core concepts learned from the curriculum objectives
- Outcome assessments: taken 3-6 weeks following completion of the curriculum
In addition, there is a Parent survey that is taken in conjunction with the i-SAFE lessons that offers insight into differences between what parents believe their children are doing online and what students tell us is actually happening.
- What is the nature of students' Internet use and safety behaviors and dispositions before receiving each i-SAFE curriculum lesson (pre-assessment)?
- Have students learned the essential core elements of each curriculum lesson and embraced the safety concepts (post-assessment)?
- Have students made actual changes in their behavior online over time as a result of the i-SAFE education experiences (outcome assessment)?
NAC data and performance metrics can be used by individual schools, school districts and statewide education departments/boards to validate their compliance with legislation mandating e-Safety professional development training for teachers and/or Internet safety education for students. Click here for a downloadable NAC One Sheet.
Detailed reports that include your schools' pre- and post-assessment results in greater detail are available for purchase and specifically address topics such as Intellectual Property, Predator Risk, Personal Safety, Cyber Bullying, and Student/Parent Relationships. Reports can be customized to look at demographics such as grade, gender, ethnicity, and state. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for specific customization questions or order directly from the i-SAFE Online Store by clicking
You can also order the latest assessment data analysis for your school district or state; meaningful comparisons to national data that track the latest online behavior trends are available through the i-SAFE Online Store by clicking
here. Please note: the ability to generate comparison reports will depend upon submission of sufficient data for analysis.